August 20, 2019

Court Transcripts Request Form


In order to process your request, please provide the necessary information by completing the fields below. Expedited requests may be made by calling the court reporters (209-530-3105) and providing the same information asked below. 

Please Note: Court files and minute orders will contain this information and must be provided to obtain transcripts. Reporters are unable to research files to obtain this information and the information must be provided by the party requesting the transcript. The exact date of the proceedings being requested is required to locate the records.

The following types of matters are not reported and an official transcript is NOT available: Family law, collections, unlawful detainers (landlord-tenant disputes), misdemeanor criminal and traffic.

Also NOT available: Confidential or juvenile proceedings, which require a signed order of the Court.

Proceedings older than ten years are no longer available and cannot be transcribed. You may check through the criminal division to see if a transcript exists in the file of entry of plea, judgment and sentencing or preliminary examination on felony matters. If the proceedings were transcribed at the time, they may be available for purchase through the criminal division clerk's office.

A statutory charge to the reporter may be required before transcription. Please ask the reporter for an estimate in advance if you have a concern regarding costs. A fee waiver does not apply to the costs of official transcripts.