August 10, 2020

Self Help Center FAQ's

1. What can I expect when I come to the Self Help Center?

The Self Help Center and Family Law Facilitator are located in the same office. Each time you visit the office you will need to check in at the front desk. Depending on the legal issue you wish to address, you may be signed in to meet one-on-one with a staff member.

Please be aware that services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. You should plan to spend at least a half-day when you visit. It is recommended that you arrive as early as possible.

All customers are strongly encouraged to make childcare arrangements before visiting our office.

2. What should I bring with me?

1. Your picture identification.

2. A copy of all court documents related to your case, particularly any current judgment or orders.

3. Papers, documents, letters you have received from the Department of Child Support Services or from the other party concerning your case.

4. Copies of your last three paycheck stubs as well as information regarding any other income earned by either yourself or the other party.

5. W-2 forms for the last year and your filing status. If you are self-employed, please provide a copy of your federal tax return, including your Schedule C and your profit and loss statement.

6. An estimate of your monthly living expenses, including housing, utilities, insurance, food, transportation, education, clothing, daycare expenses, and any extraordinary expenses related to health care and catastrophic losses.

7. Names and birthdates of your children and an estimate of your custodial/visitation time with each child.

Last updated: April 02, 2014 1:45 AM